Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:43 pm by BlueCat

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Welcome!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome!

Post by BlueCat on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Welcome to The SvengoolieWeb, a new home for the Yahoo Groups now that the Yahoo Groups changed so much that they're hardly usable any longer!  Please feel free to let me know if there are other forum topics that you'd like added to our menus.  

And as we all did on the Yahoo Groups, I'd like to keep this both friendly and family-friendly, so please keep that in mind when responding to others' posts.

Thanks!

BC
BlueCat
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://svengoolieweb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Great Job BC

Post by Victory92 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:54 pm

Looks great so far BC. It will take me a while to figure out what I am doing but that is normal for me lately. Thanks again for keeping the group alive.
Victory92
Sven's Friends
Sven's Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome!

Post by BlueCat on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Victory92 wrote:Looks great so far BC. It will take me a while to figure out what I am doing but that is normal for me lately. Thanks again for keeping the group alive.

Thanks! Glad you're here! I like your avatar too. Who is this handsome dog?

BC
BlueCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snard on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:22 pm

Hello... Hello... Hello... (in ascending tones)

(all together) Hello!!!

Snard
Sven's Friends
Sven's Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Welcome

Post by Victory92 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:47 pm

BlueCat wrote:
Victory92 wrote:Looks great so far BC. It will take me a while to figure out what I am doing but that is normal for me lately. Thanks again for keeping the group alive.

Thanks!  Glad you're here!  I like your avatar too.  Who is this handsome dog?

BC

Thanks BC. He is Rupert. A Rott/Shar Pei mix. Of our 4, we have had him the longest, although he is not the oldest. He is a good old boy, though. I will pass on your compliment to him.
Victory92
Sven's Friends
Sven's Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LOL!! What a great looking forum!!!

Post by Eulenspiegel on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Wow!!!  You did a tremendous job!!  Far exceeds any expectations that I had, LOL!!  Great job!!!

Am so happy to be here!!
Eulenspiegel
Sven's Friends
Sven's Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Iacovelli on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:48 am

I'm in good job colors bit dark

Dan Iacovelli
Sven's Friends
Sven's Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCat on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:09 am

Dan Iacovelli wrote:I'm in good job colors bit dark
I agree - and it's a work in progress, but because some backgrounds are light and some are dark, but the text colors seem to be "pick one and done" I've had a little trouble finding one that is viewable over both backgrounds.

BC
BlueCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gjvalent on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Thanks for all of your help Blue. Now, I want to show of my avatar.
gjvalent
Sven's Friends
Sven's Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friscojenny31 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm happy there's been such a good response.
friscojenny31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCat on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:35 pm

I think I just sent the last invitation from the people who requested one. There were 47 sent, not counting Frisco, Sven and myself.

BC
BlueCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by keithk6461 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Hello Gang  Very Happy  Great job BC, looking forward to fun banter here.
keithk6461
Sven's Friends
Sven's Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jfborek on Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:34 pm

I like it.

Jim from Niles, IL

jfborek
Sven's Friends
Sven's Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea on Fri May 16, 2014 7:59 pm

I am a late arrival, but I am here now. I am looking forward to plenty of Sven related banter.

Shea

Shea
Sven's Friends
Sven's Friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygercat on Sat May 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Hello, everyone, just found out about this group. Looks very nice.
Bluecat, love your avatar. Is that a Korat?
Tygercat
Universally Horrified
Universally Horrified

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCat on Sun May 25, 2014 12:54 pm

Tygercat wrote:Hello, everyone, just found out about this group. Looks very nice.

Hi there! Sorry for the late response. The fellow in my avatar is my late, great Blue Cat. He was simply the son of a shop cat from my days working at a landscape contractor's office. His mom was named "Spike" and she was the shop's mouser. She had a litter of three, so I knew Blue from the day he was born. His brother and sister went to my brother and sister-in-law. He was a fine kitty - and he certainly did resemble a Korat. His brother was a brown tabby and his sister was a tortie. Mutts - gotta love 'em.

BlueCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygercat on Mon May 26, 2014 9:01 am

BlueCat wrote:
Tygercat wrote:Hello, everyone, just found out about this group. Looks very nice.

Hi there!  Sorry for the late response.  The fellow in my avatar is my late, great Blue Cat.  He was simply the son of a shop cat from my days working at a landscape contractor's office.  His mom was named "Spike" and she was the shop's mouser.  She had a litter of three, so I knew Blue from the day he was born.  His brother and sister went to my brother and sister-in-law.  He was a fine kitty - and he certainly did resemble a Korat.  His brother was a brown tabby and his sister was a tortie.  Mutts - gotta love 'em.

Thank you, BlueCat! As you may have guess from my question, my husband and I were honored to  share the presence of the late, great Miss Kitty, a probable Korat (we got her from a shelter, so that was not guaranteed. And, no, she wasn't named for a "Gunsmoke" character, that's what happened when said shelter asked for a name, and I went brain-dead. C'est la vie.) "Tygercat" is a name I use in honor of our first cat, an orange tabby named Flash (a "tiger cat", get it?), also sadly no longer with us. His mate (Mischief, Mother of all Monsters) and 4 sons, however, are still with us. Mischief is a grey and white bicolor; their sons are all black and white, and one is a long hair. However figures out cat genetics should get the Nobel Prize. Anyway, glad to be here!
Tygercat
Universally Horrified
Universally Horrified

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCat on Wed May 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Tygercat wrote:
BlueCat wrote:

Hi there!  Sorry for the late response.  The fellow in my avatar is my late, great Blue Cat.  He was simply the son of a shop cat from my days working at a landscape contractor's office.  His mom was named "Spike" and she was the shop's mouser.  She had a litter of three, so I knew Blue from the day he was born.  His brother and sister went to my brother and sister-in-law.  He was a fine kitty - and he certainly did resemble a Korat.  His brother was a brown tabby and his sister was a tortie.  Mutts - gotta love 'em.

Thank you, BlueCat! As you may have guess from my question, my husband and I were honored to  share the presence of the late, great Miss Kitty, a probable Korat (we got her from a shelter, so that was not guaranteed. And, no, she wasn't named for a "Gunsmoke" character, that's what happened when said shelter asked for a name, and I went brain-dead. C'est la vie.) "Tygercat" is a name I use in honor of our first cat, an orange tabby named Flash (a "tiger cat", get it?), also sadly no longer with us. His mate (Mischief, Mother of all Monsters) and 4 sons, however, are still with us. Mischief is a grey and white bicolor; their sons are all black and white, and one is a long hair. However figures out cat genetics should get the Nobel Prize. Anyway, glad to be here!

Glad to have a fellow cat person here! Whatever Blue happened to be, he was a prince of a fellow. I have a dilute ginger tabby now named Bob. Whereas Blue was the BEST cat ever (never scratched furniture, was respectful of small children, etc.), Bob is the SWEETEST cat, though much more mischievous.

I do hope the activity on this board wakes up a little. If not for gjvalent, I think I'd be here talking to myself most of the time!

BC
BlueCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan of Svengoolie on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Hey BlueCat I just had a trippy moment... was randomly perusing the TerrorDave's website and came across your guest writer's article! Very Happy (http://terrordaves.com/2011/03/06/dinner-with-svengoolie/#more-3861)
I feel like I just caught up a bit on SvengoolieWeb history!

BlueCat wrote:Welcome to The SvengoolieWeb, a new home for the Yahoo Groups now that the Yahoo Groups changed so much that they're hardly usable any longer!  Please feel free to let me know if there are other forum topics that you'd like added to our menus.  

And as we all did on the Yahoo Groups, I'd like to keep this both friendly and family-friendly, so please keep that in mind when responding to others' posts.

Thanks!

BC
Fan of Svengoolie
Svenatic
Svenatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCat on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Yes, I helped to bring together the Daves by reprimanding them about recording Svengoolie programs!  Rich has always been very kind to his fans about trading recordings, but there are always people out there looking to make a buck off of another's' hard work.  Thankfully, these guys are A-OK!

BC
BlueCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: